With high-quality manufacturing, this heavy duty gas lift cylinder is tested to the industry ANSI/BIFMA safety standard. Its’ universal shaft size is compatible with most chairs sold worldwide. Easily taken out and replaced, this lift adds extra comfort to your chair.
Adjust the seat to the highest position. Stand in front of the assembled office chair.
Lift up the knob/handle(height control)of the mechanism with your left hand 3 fingers and thumb, then press the seat with force(pressing the gas lift indirectly). After that, grip the right front seat corner with your right hand. Meanwhile, Your right foot press the 5-star base.
Left side up force and right downforce, then left side downforce and right up force, keep recycling till the mechanism get loosing from the gas lift. Then take out the chair’s upper part.
The left-hand grips the gas lift bigger tube, and the right hand knocks the base center part around the gas lift with a rubber/wood hammer, then you can detach the damaged gas lift from the base.
Put the new gas lift cylinder into the chair base then put the seat onto the other side of the gas cylinder.
(Always remove gas lift cylinders with care and never heat or puncture)
- Standard Cylinder Diameter
- Outer cylinder diameter: 2 inches, Inner cylinder diameter: 1.1 inches
- Minimum length of the gas lift cylinder: 9.5 inches
- Maximum length when fully extended: 12 inches.
- Full 360-degree rotation, smooth and noiseless movements in all directions.
- Heavy Duty up to 350 lbs max loading for gas lift cylinders on many chairs
- Easy installation
- Meet BIFMA standard
- Class 3 gas lift cylinder
- Weight: 1.9kg.